Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy Friday The 13th!

Friday the 13th can be a little scary for those of us who are superstitious. Many people in different cultures have very old superstitions that get passed down through the years and for some reason we keep believing that bad luck will follow these events.

One of them being Friday the 13th, this day makes people very cautions, some people call off work and stay home all day for fear of something horrible happening to them. For other like myself, I was told by my grandmother (Nonni) at a young age that Friday the 13th is lucky for us Italians.

Ever since I was younger I have had the best luck on Friday the 13th, winning awards in school as a child, meeting someone special, awesome party's, the list goes on and on. However, I am very superstitious about a lot of things.

Like my Nonni, who has taught me many of her old Italian suppositions I follow them, just to be on the safe side. So of course on days I need extra luck, like if I have an interview or a big event I need to go well, I have a couple pieces of jewelry that bring me luck, or so I've convinced myself.

The first is an Italian Horn, it is said to bring good luck. I wear it on a necklace and I also have one on my good luck charm bracelet which has many symbols of luck.


This is the 'Evil Eye' or the Mal Occhio in Italian and also Spanish cultures it wards off the evil eye and many truly believe this is a symbol of good luck, I have this in many colors and on bracelets, necklaces they are everywhere in our home.


These are just a few of the things we use in our family to keep good luck on our side and since they are jewelry I thought I would share them with you on this Friday the 13th!

Good luck dodging those bad encounters!

Fashionably Late,
Under Cover Fashion Lover

2 comments: