Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Hunger Games Part 1

I may be a little late on the Hunger Games trend, but I have started and read all three books within a week to catch up. I have to admit I was slightly skeptical that I would even enjoy the books and probably a tad bit harsh on the first one until the end where I began to let my ambitions go and completely indulge myself.

Once I finished the first one it was no shock to me that I read the next two very quickly and it seemed like it was over in a blink of the eye. I am temped to read them again, but in the meantime I think I may just settle on seeing the movie.

Since I started reading the first book I had a feeling that the book and movie combination would take off just like some other hit series did in the recent past with Twilight being the one I am referring to. With that in mind I continued to read and realized myself picturing things that would start to be sold in stores and online in accordance to the book.
Perhaps, a mockingjay pin, or necklace to resemble the one that Katniss Everdeen wore in the Hunger Games. Or maybe, a bow and arrow necklace or bracelet, a Hunger Games t-shirt and of course the list goes on. I am curious to see what will be made and sold in after the movie has had time to reach its audience.


I have also come across many articles related to the Capital's fashion in the movie. In the book the capital is made to be a foolish bunch of people wearing ridiculous clothing and hairstyle and even tattoos. The movie I expect to be no different, however many articles refer to their clothing not being futuristic (the movie takes place in the future for those who have not seen it or read the book).

I have not had the chance to see the movie yet, but I plan to this weekend. After I see the movie I will report back to you with some more observations as to what I think will be produced to sell for movie memorabilia and also what I personally think of the Capital's fashion and if it was a good example as portrayed by the book.

For now, all I have to say is that I am very excited to see the movie!

Fashionably Late,

Under Cover Fashion Lover

No comments:

Post a Comment