Thursday, January 9, 2014

2014 is in full swing!

Happy New Year! New Year = New look! How do you like the new colors RunwayDaze is sporting??

How did you ring in the new year? I personally spent it in Manhattan at the famous Madison Square Garden seeing a Phish concert! What a great way to celebrate the ending of a perfect year!

Well every year around this time people all over the country are participating in  New Year's Resolutions. What is your take on that? Usually resolutions fail, there are many factors why and some resolutions are just flat out too drastic to be successful in. You can't shoot yourself in the foot people! Do not set yourself up for failure, set small goals that will lead up to a big accomplishment. That is the only way you will achieve any type of success.

I am a tad anti-resolution, I believe in always making yourself a better person, worker, friend, etc. So, for my anti-resolution, I am making simple changes in my life that will help me in the long run.  My first goal of the New Year was to completely reorganize my apartment! Mr. Amazing and I did just that together, we organized, cleaned, and tried to set ourselves up for success.

What does that mean? Well if you know you are a person who comes home everyday and sets all their gloves, hats, mittens, scarf's down immediately upon arrival, put a bin by the front door to catch all those things and keep your kitchen table tidy!  By creating way of organizing your mess such as this you will overall feel better at the end of the day when everything is in it's place.



Since this is a fashion blog and fashion is my passion, here is what I am doing fashion wise to start fresh this new year. I am a very black on black type of girl you may even say 'I see a red door and I want to paint it black'.  :)  I have rearranged my closet slightly so that I can now see all of my clothes at the same time. I am making an attempt to wear more color in my daily ensembles.

I have organized accessories, hats, belts, jewelery and have been dipping into them to remind myself what I have to work with. Using some of my inspirations boards on Pintrest I have been able to come up with some unique outfits from things I already own. If you don't already follow me feel free to see some of my fashion boards; My Style, Fashion it's what I do, Inspiration.

What are you resolutions? What are you doing differently in 2014?? What did you do for New Years? Share your stories with all of us!

Fashionably Late,

Jenny XO

UnderCoverFashionLover




Photo Credit

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Another great article and to the T as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is always nice to know when people like the content! :) Thank you for your comment!

      Delete