Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Print Show Love

As you probably know, I work in the fashion industry in N.Y.C., which is my dream job! I have been working in the industry for a little while now back in Chicago. This past June my company asked me to transfer to our main office in New York and obviously I said YES!!

There is a laundry list of reason why working in the Garment District on Fashion Ave is the coolest of the cool. One reason is the amount of resources at your fingertips. Fabric stores, trim stores, print houses, the list goes on and on.

Last week I was able to attend my first fashion print show. A print show is basically like any other trade show, print houses get a table and bring all the prints they have created for the season. Designers attend the show and are invited to look through thousands and thousands of prints to accommodate their collections.




All types of designers attend shows like this one, they could be fashion designers, or home designers. Many of the prints are for bedding and blankets. There are also screen print graphics for t-shirts.

Needless to say I was in designer heaven. Some designers start with silhouettes and are inspired by the silos to pick or design prints and graphics. Others are inspired by prints to create silos, I would say I work both ways.

I could of drawn an entire outerwear collections by just looking at all the amazing prints. First print show equals major success!! I love my job!


Hope your week is starting off great!

Fashionably Late,

Jenny XO

UnderCoverFashionLover

No comments:

Post a Comment