Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Polar Vortex Fashion Statements

2014 has brought some crazy weather to all parts of the U.S. We have had snow, sleet, ice, rain, more snow! Being from Chicago I am very used to the cold wet winters, but here in New York they say this is not the norm for them.

So far New York is turning out to be a bit more wet and slushy then a typical Chicago winter. So I considered buying some galoshes, which remind me of fisherman and firefighters. They were not very appealing to me at first but as the cold wet days ticked by I continued to see these boots everywhere!

Street style is by far my favorite style to look for, the average New Yorker on the average day kicking it around the city. What are they wearing? Where are they going? Look at those shoes! This is my typical day people watching while I walk to work.

So as for the galoshes trend, I have seen women wearing these all over the place with jeans, leggings, dresses, they are everywhere. Check out some unique styles here, and tell me what you think. Would you wear these if the weather was a factor? Or, would you wear them regardless?


Here are some cute looks to try out while staying dry!

Try this look out some black leggings Hunter Rain Boots and a warm knit poncho! Don't forget your umbrella!!



Stay classic and sharp in some black rain boots with gold belt buckle embellishments, black skinny jeans and a black leather purse to match. This is how New Yorkers do the wet season! 



 If you are looking to be comfy and warm try some distressed denim with bright red rain boots with a matching scarf and a warm sweater! This comfy look is exactly what I would wear to feel comfy and warm in the wet and cold winter!!

Stay warm fashionistas!

Fashionably Late,

Jenny XO

UnderCoverFashionLover


No comments:

Post a Comment