Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Summer Camp Music Festival 2014

Summer Camp Music Festival 2014 kicked off the music festival season without a hitch! 
I think we are all still on a SCamp high from all the great music and fun we had while at Scamp. This year at SCamp was probably one of the best years by far for the 14 year old music festival.

Perfect weather and amazing musical talent combined with thousands of Scampers ready for fun equals one hell of a weekend!

Summer Camp started in 2001 with a few hundred people and has risen to about 20,000 people and 100 artists on 7 stages! People from all over the country made their way to Three Sisters Park in Chillicothe, IL.  We personally met people from; Atlanta, Louisiana, Michigan, Colorado. We made the trip all the way from New York this year because we just could not miss a Summer Camp moment! Our home town state sure knows how to throw a festival!

One reason we were able to make it to Summer Camp this year was because I entered the Summer Camp Bandana Design contest for 2014 and won first place! My design was sold as official merchandise for the festival! Can you say amazing?! Being a fashion designer it has always been my goal to see people wearing my designs and Summer Camp made that happen for me! That is one thing I can cross off my bucket list! One of the greatest moment of my life seeing my design on everyone at Summer Camp even some of the artists!



There were plenty of great bands to see this year some of our favorites were of course Moe. and Umphrey's Mcgee, Trey Anastasio Band, Zac Brown Band,  Old Shoe, This Must Be The Band, Bassnectar, Primus, and many many more!!There were also a lot of great artists to see at various places around the fest! It is so refreshing to see art and music come together so perfectly!
We had such a great time connecting with friends, walking through the forest, sitting by the camp fire, it felt like we were home! Here are some pictures I took from the fest. 

Over all Summer Camp 2014 was probably the best 4 days I will have all year and we are counting the days until we are back there with all our friends!

Maybe some people will still be wearing my bandana design! I know I will forever be proud of the moment I saw it hanging in the merchandise tent!



 Until next year Scampers!


Fashionably Late,

J.


UnderCover


Some of my other festival related posts here here and here!! Read about Summer Camp 2013 here!


2 comments: