Wednesday, January 21, 2015

THE PROPOSAL

Happy Wednesday Dazers! 

I am switching things up a bit, I have decided to move PPW (Pinterest Picks of the Week) to Fridays! 

Today you just get a regular old post. Just kidding you get my very first wedding post


Kicking off the wedding planning has been very difficult for me. Some brides are planning and booking and making decisions the second the ring is on her little finger. I am not one of those brides.

Mr. Amazing and I got engaged over Thanksgiving weekend in Laguna Beach,CA. It was the most amazing and perfectly planned proposal I could ever imagine.

We were in California for Mr. Amazing's family Thanksgiving. It was a week of perfect weather and wonderful company. As our trip was winding down to an end Mr. Amazing told me he planned to take me to a nice dinner just the two of us on Saturday night. 

On our way to the restaurant he suggested we drive down to the beach before dinner and see one last West Coast sunset before we left the following day. I of course agreed to this fabulous idea.

We walked down to the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. There were people everywhere getting family portraits it was such a beautiful spot! We took some selfies and a couple pictures, then he told me he wanted to draw me a picture in the sand. He told me to turn around, I did and then I asked him for his phone to take a picture of his picture in the sand. He handed me his phone and I got the camera ready....

He tells me to turn around and to my surprise he is down on one knee!!!!

I am one of the luckiest girls in the world, not only was I getting proposed to by the most amazing guy in the world. On the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. I have a camera in hand and was able to capture this perfect moment from my perspective! Priceless!!!

I snap his picture, he pops the question and I say YES!!! 

I start to cry, start to laugh, tell him I love him, starting repeating this is crazy this crazy a million times. Ask him a million questions because I was truly shocked!! 

I was amazed by the planning of this perfect proposal and the fact that his entire family, most of my family, a lot of our friends, everyone we had seen while in California for the week had known about this moment. I was the only one in the dark and no one even gave the slightest inclination that this was going to happen! 

Mr. Amazing wasn't done yet, after I was able to somewhat form a sentence again he informed me that there was another surprise. He had a photographer taking pictures the whole time! 

A young man came running over said congratulations and gave me a big hug and then said that we would be doing a photo shoot!!

We had a photo shoot at The Montage in Laguna Beach and here are some of my favorite shots.












This was the best day of my life and the perfect way to start the rest of our life together!!

We did end up going to dinner after this, Mr. Amazing's family came down to the beach to say congratulations to us. We called my family on the way to the restaurant and celebrated our engagement at beautiful restaurant on the beach!

That was our special day check back for more of our wedding planning and other great moments since our engagement. 

Fashionably Late,

Jenny XO

3 comments:

  1. Mr. Amazing keeps on topping himself....oh yeah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Amazing it was an awesome proposal.

      Delete
    2. Yes his name is Mr. Amazing for a reason!

      Delete