Thursday, February 19, 2015

I am giving up social media for 40 days and 40 nights

Good morning Dazers, I hope you are having a fabulous week so far! I

So, the title of this post is probably got you a little curious. It is true, I have given up social media for 40 days and 40 nights. 



I am Catholic and currently participating in Lent. For those of you who are not Catholic or religious what this means is from Ash Wednesday which was yesterday until Easter Sunday Catholics do not eat meat on Fridays and give something up. 

This year I decided that it would be in my best interest and challenging for me to give up social media. No Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other form of social media for me. Luckily Pinterest does not fit into that category at least in my opinion. For those of you who see my posts via Facebook, I can post it without going onto my account and viewing my news feed so these posts will still appear on my page. 

I must admit that this is not the first time I have given up Facebook for Lent. I did this once while I was in college and it was very good for my spirit. It was also not as hard as I am sure it will be this time around. Since most of my family and friends live in the Midwest and I live on the East Coast it maybe a little harder. I am up for the challenge and actually plan on sharing with you my experiences.


Since it has only been one day since I began my journey without social media it has not been too difficult just yet. However, I have already realized how much of a distraction it truly is. 

Yesterday while chatting with my fiance I stopped 3 times during our intense conversation to stop and Google something we were curious about. Normally I would have been on my phone already but scrolling down my news feed and would have never taken the time to stop and look something up. 

Day 1: Jenny-1 Social Media-0

Have you ever given up social media? How did it go? Did you find it difficult? 

Share you experience with us in the comments!

Fashionably Late,

Jenny 
XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment