Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Lent- Social Media Challenge

      Hello Dazers! It's been six weeks since I gave up social media for Lent. I have learned a lot during this time.  It was very challenging in the beginning. There was a point in the first couple days where I wanted to quit and just hop on FB when I needed something to distract me. I pushed through and...well here we are! 


      Six weeks without social media..it's almost a death sentence to some of us media addicts. I can honestly say there was only one other thing I have given up that was harder and that was coffee. Cigarettes were easier to quit than social  media. This realization has lead me to see that I need to cool it on my social media lifestyle. 


      I found that I was still able to keep in contact with my true friends by text and email. I also don't believe I missed out on any life changing news. This experience has shown me I can step back from my outlets a little and get back to reality. 


     At first I couldn't relax without a secondary activity to keep me occupied while I was performing the first activity.  Now I am actually learning to slow down and enjoy the moment for what it is without having to share it with hundreds of my closest friends. 


I also noticed how extremely annoying it is to constantly have a conversation with someone who is looking at their phone. I think this experience will genuinely make me rethink my phone/ social media use.

Fashionably Late,

J. 

UnderCover

No comments:

Post a Comment